Underpainting, a foundational layer, sets the mood for the final piece. Let's explore its significance.
1. Value Study: Use monochromatic shades (like burnt umber) to define lights and darks.
2. Tonal Grounding: Apply a neutral background color. This influences subsequent layers and the overall mood.
3. Thin Paint Application: Use solvents to thin paints for the underpainting.
4. Zaneta's Method: She prefers a warm underpainting to introduce vibrancy, even in cooler compositions.
5. Benefits: Underpainting aids in color accuracy, depth, and luminosity.
To view my original oil paintings for purchase please visit: